I wrote my 2014 personal and professional goals, and I am excited to tackle them. It’s a real mix this year – get in shape, write a book, get recognized by the foodie community for our dinner, wine & beer pairings and get knocked up :). A few years ago, a very dear friend of mine Treena started a tradition with a couple of us galpals – answer 3 questions at the end of one year and the start of the new.
The 3 questions are:
1) what did you learn in the past year?
2) what do you want to leave behind in last year?
3) what do you want to accomplish in the new year?
Answering these questions is a thoughtful exercise that gives me great focus. I thought I’d share a tidbit of my three answers for my professional goals for Sweet Revenge®. 1) Learning: Red flags must be dealt with immediately. Anyone who has ever managed employees will understand this statement.
2) Leave Behind: my need to be liked at work clouds my ability to be the best business manager and leads to expensive lessons. See Learning.
3) To be Accomplished: Market Sweet Revenge® dinner & dinner pairings to the editorial community; get press coverage!
I hope you find the three questions interesting and helpful. May your new year be off to a happy and healthy start.
Cheers to dreaming and doing!